California Legal and Ethical Issues for Mental Health Clinicians
Monterey Bay Psychological Association is hosting a live, interactive webcast from PESI. This is an opportunity for mental health professionals on the Monterey Peninsula to meet their “neighbors” and other members of the Monterey Bay Psychological Association. Topics addressed include:
- The latest updates on HIPAA and California laws and regulations
- Risk management strategies
- How to avoid litigation dilemmas, complaints and malpractice actions
- Best practices in the professional relationship, informed consent and office policies
The total fee for this event will be $89.99:
- MPBA Event fee: $40
- PESI Webcast registration fee: $49.99. By joining your colleagues, you can register with for this group fee of $49.99 rather than the standard, individual price of $199.99!
How to register
Space is limited so register ASAP!
- First pay event fee of $40 in one of two ways:
Register online at mbpsych.org. by June 10. Click on Events tab and complete
Send event fee of $40 with lunch selection (Vegetarian, Turkey, Roast Beef) to:
Catherine McGovern, PsyD, RN
199 17th Street, Suite H
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Deselect "Standard" and select "Additional Participant".
After the webcast, log onto your PESI account to complete the post-test and evaluation. At that time, you will be asked to provide the name of the organization (MBPA) that hosted the live webcast you attended.
For more information:
Catherine McGovern, PsyD, RN (MBPA Ethics Chair)